Fort Collins is conveniently located about 60 minutes from downtown Denver and Denver International Airport, and less than hour from Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, Boulder, and Cheyenne, Wyoming. Public transportation is available in Fort Collins with many routes and buses that run on bio-diesel or compressed natural gas. MAX Bus Rapid Transit serves major activity and employment centers throughout the Fort Collins community.
Shuttle From Denver International Airport
Groome Transportation provides shared-ride airport shuttle service between Fort Collins and Denver International Airport. Groome operates on a regular schedule between Fort Collins and Denver International Airport. For a full schedule and additional information see: https://groometransportation.com/fort-collins-loveland/reservations
Driving From Denver International Airport (DIA)
To avoid toll charges (E-470 = $13 one-way), please use the following directions:
- From DIA, head North on E 86th Ave/Peña Blvd
- Keep right at the fork to continue on I-270 W, following signs for Fort Collins/Boulder
- Merge onto I70 West
- Take Exit 0 to merge onto I25 North toward Fort Collins
- From I25 take exit 269B to CO-14 W/E Mulberry St in Larimer County
- Follow CO-14 W/E Mulberry St into the city of Fort Collins
All vehicles parked on campus must have a valid CSU parking permit or park in designated hourly parking spaces and pay at a pay station!
Around the Horn is a free CSU shuttle that connects to most visitor parking lots with a bus that loops every 10 minutes from 7 a.m. – 6:40 p.m. Mondays through Fridays.
- Hourly permit: Hourly parking on campus is $2. When you arrive in a lot with visitor parking, have your license plate number ready to enter into our hourly pay machines or you can download and use the Park Mobile app to pay by mobile phone. You can pay by credit card for the amount of time you wish to park. Your license plate number will serve as your permit. For more information visit short-term parking.
- Daily permit: A daily permit can be purchased online or at Parking and Transportation Services, located in the Lake Street Garage at 1508 Center Avenue.
Where is the easiest place to park on campus for visitors?
- Moby Lot #195
- Green Hall
- Engineering #310
- Ammons Hall # 315
- Administration #349
- MAX at University Station #440
- Lake Street Garage
- Voss Veterinary Teaching Hospital
- Research Blvd #740
Visitor parking near the center of campus:
Parking on campus is monitored through a virtual permit system that scans your license plate. Your license plate is linked to your parking permit.
- Vehicles must be parked so that a valid license plate or temporary registration is clearly visible from the drive lane.